Privacy Information Advertiser Tag
We would like to inform you about how we process personal data on behalf of our customers in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter GDPR). The protection of your privacy is of paramount importance to us, so compliance with the legal provisions on data protection is a matter of course for us. Responsible for this data processing is the advertising customer through which you have come across this data protection information.
Who are we?
Deep Media Technologies GmbH
represented by the management
Hohe Bleichen 8
Data Privacy Officer
If you have any questions regarding our data protection measures, the processing of your data or regarding the protection of your data subject rights, you can reach us and our data protection officer as follows:
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
As a digital media service provider, we work for a number of advertising customers. The aim is to optimize the performance of these advertisers’ media campaigns and to place ads that are relevant and interesting for the user. For this purpose, the Deep Media Advertiser Tag is integrated on the website of the advertising client.
The Deep Media Advertiser Tag is a tag management system for the administration of technologies for marketing and optimization purposes, which is integrated on the Customer’s website.
The use of the Advertiser Tag may involve the processing of pseudonomized online identifiers, such as cookies and click IDs. Personal identification of the user is not possible for Deep Media Technologies GmbH.
Data is processed from providers for which the user has given consent within the framework of the data protection settings of the website of our advertising customers. The providers concerned can be found on the website of the respective advertising customer. The collection and storage of data can be revoked at any time by the respective provider. In the event of revocation, this data will not be passed on to Deep Media Technologies GmbH.
Personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable individual. This includes the following categories of personal data that we process:
- Online identifiers: such as cookie IDs, IP addresses, advertising IDs.
A cookie is a text file with an identification number that is transmitted to the user’s computer and stored there together with the other data actually requested when the website is used. The file is kept there for later access and serves to authenticate the user. Since cookies are only simple files and not executable programs, they do not pose any danger to the computer.
Depending on the settings selected by the user, the Internet browser automatically accepts cookies. However, this setting can be changed and the storage of cookies can be deactivated or set in such a way that the user is notified as soon as a cookie is set.
Both session cookies and persistent cookies are used:
- Session cookies are used for the duration of a session and are then automatically deleted when the executing browser is closed. They ensure, for example, that video and audio files can be played, your user input is temporarily stored during the input time and thus the user experience is improved.
- Persistent cookies remain on your terminal device after you close the browser. These cookies can, for example, save your user preferences, such as language settings, and analyze user behavior on our website. Storage duration of persistent cookies corresponds to the respective runtime of the individual cookie. After that, they are automatically deleted.
We process your data for the following purposes of our customers:
- To optimize the performance of our advertisers’ media campaigns
When processing your data, we work with the following service providers who have access to your data:
We use the cloud services service Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL, 38 Avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855, Luxembourg. This is used to store your pseudonymous online identifier. To object or to withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit aws.amazon.com/de/privacy.
We use the Google Cloud service of Google Ireland Limited Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. This is used to store your pseudonymous online identifier. To object or to revoke your consent, please contact email@example.com or visit https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Third country transfer
There is a data transfer to third countries outside the European Union. This is done on the basis of contractual regulations provided for by law, which are intended to ensure adequate protection of your data and which you can view on request.
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- Request information about the processing of your data and to receive a copy of your personal data. Among other things, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data that are processed, the recipients of the data (if a transfer takes place), the duration of the storage or the criteria for determining the duration;
- receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to transfer it to another controller;
- to rectify your data. If your personal data is incomplete, you have the right to complete the data, taking into account the purposes of processing;
- Have your data deleted or blocked.
- to have the processing restricted;
- to object to the processing of your data;
- revoke your consent to the processing of your data for the future
- complain to the competent supervisory authority about unlawful data processing.
To exercise these rights, please contact the advertiser through whom you came across this privacy information (the “responsible party”).
As of: 14.12.2021
We reserve the right to change this information at any time with effect for the future.